Wednesday, May 27, 2015

It's the Random Crap Thread!

Not sure who even reads these but anyways, as the title states, this will be an entry about random things.

First off, Suicide Squad is an upcoming supervillian movie set to be released into theatres in August 2016. They began filming in mid-April in downtown Toronto and have closed off Yonge St. between College and Front Streets in the past couple days to film some car chase scenes. I had the opportunity to check it out and see what the commotion was about. Seeing the stars of the film (Jared Leto, Will Smith etc) were difficult as it was mostly just the stunt team doing the shoot. Last night they filmed the Batmobile chasing the Joker's sweet pink ride, teamed with the brilliant license plate "HAHAHA". Tonight however, there were no exciting chase scenes. At least not at 11:30pm. The crew were nice enough to let people on Yonge St. take pictures of Batmobile while it drove up and down the street. Because of the amount of people crowded on the sidewalks, they had to halt filming just for this one nice gesture, before telling everyone to leave so they can continue filming. Didn't get a chance to see Joker's ride in person, but from pictures it looks pretty sweet. Filming is set to wrap up sometime in August this year.

Second, it's been a crazy week with planning the poster for the national conference that I'll be presenting at. Not only that, but preparing for next week's staff training on the new machine. Lots of things to juggle but it will be a surreal experience in the end. Thankfully the first batch of staff who I've trained have retained their information well on how to operate the new machines at work. I guess it means I'm doing something right.

Thirdly, it's past 3am and I have a feeling the Joker is running away from Batman just a few kilometers away. Very tempting....

What was the most exciting thing that happened this past weekend? It wasn't the BTR Tuning event. It was.....the start of the Gumball 3000 Rally! Starting from Stockholm and ending in Las Vegas by the end of the weekend. Shmee150 has been constantly uploading various clips of his travels, so feel free to check out his YouTube channel if you haven't already. The theme is...well Las Vegas and poker. Hence why all those supercars are stickered with Aces and Spades, and roulettes. I remember when Gumball 3000 first arrived in Toronto in 2010, and it was pretty exciting. It just sucks that there isn't enough interest versus in Europe, hence why after 2012, Toronto was not on the map. But never know, with enough interest they could come back. *Fingers crossed*

By the way, did I mention already that I don't give a crap about people's thoughts? Yeah, I must've said it way too many times that I forgot. Well, here I say it again. I don't give a crap.

4 weddings this year, and one down already. Might I say, that was one kickass wedding. Very well organized, everything went well, minus that one hiccup when the music stopped playing for about 3 seconds. Otherwise I'm very happy for the friends who have taken the next step in life with marriage. It's not an easy thing, and it takes a lot of work and commitment from both sides to make it work. So I wish the 4 couples the very best! You guys are amazing friends and I am honoured to be witnessing the greatest day of your life!

So apparently they made it illegal for teachers to strike in York, Durham and Peel Region. It's about damn time. I feel sorry for the kids who have to deal with having their education halted because of this constant protest on salary and benefits. When I was a kid in school, I don't recall strikes happening. Maybe a couple of times, but maybe I was too busy playing in the playground to notice anything. Our teachers at that time were very good at what they did. We went on many field trips, had a lot of interactions with kids from different classrooms, a lot of school assemblies, hot dog day...I could go on. The days of being in public school were really fun, subjects were bang on, sex education was minimal (they had split both girls and boys up into separate classrooms), but enough to talk about the basic changes in a boy and girl. It wasn't really until high school that they got more into detail about all that. But nowadays, all you hear is teachers strike, teachers strike, teachers strike. No offense to teachers, they actually have one of the hardest jobs dealing with 20 something odd students ranging from kindergarten to 18 and not everyone can deal with a classroom full of kids, but to constantly walk off on the job and strike is just damaging the kids' path to success. As a kid growing up, I wanted to be a teacher because I could just walk off the job when I felt like it and still get paid for it. I thought it was awesome, and have all the summer months off along with the holidays. Sadly that route didn't work for me. But that's the thing I learned as a kid about teacher strikes. When you see it often, you think that it's right. And if you don't want kids to think that while they grow up, then maybe they shouldn't strike so much?

It is illegal for front line health care staff to go on strike (go figure because if we did, our patients would be dead). Everyone complains of being underpaid, and the fact that we have to deal with life and death in a blink of an eye, and be the main support to a grieving family, plus do all the heavy lifting of patients and clean them, no money can buy the emotional and mental status of what we go through to witness all that in a day. Some people have the gift to deal with it and some don't.

So, I was finally able to let go of the upright piano that I've kept for 20 years to the little ones. That upright was my pride and joy growing up. From the time that I began learning piano, to about 2002, there were many memories. The first piano exam, the first time I learned a worship song on it, and well basically...the first piano. As I advanced to the higher grades, it became harder to hit the notes properly as they were more narrow. And being a fan of presto songs, it was not good for me. Eventually I was fortunate enough to upgrade to a baby grand, and it was a lot better. Those presto songs were insane, especially Chopin No. 5. Once I graduated from ARCT, both pianos just sat there. I ended up using the baby grand more frequently but barely touched the upright. Finally, as I found no more use for it, the little ones were taking up piano lessons and needed a piano, so it was given to them with a snap of a finger. I say goodbye to the journey endured, and pass on the legacy to the future generation. Make auntie proud.

Almost 4am. You think the Joker escaped Batman?

So some may wonder what the heck happened to me uploading those die-cast car videos on YT. They are my other pride and joy. I actually have taken all the necessary pictures and features and have put them together on the laptop. They are somewhat ready to go, but I have to find some background music to put it all together. And with the stupid copyright stuff, some get blocked and some get red flagged. Like really YouTube? Anyways it's either music or you'll hear my boring voice doing a narration of the features of the cars. Maybe I'll do a variety of both and see what happens. Nonetheless they will eventually get uploaded. Just that life and work are busy.

I have also completed a review on the Prada bag as well, but I figured the lighting was not that great (filmed at night) so I may have to re-film everything again in the daytime. It would only give me more joy by boxing and unboxing that heavy bag as if it were all brand new. Saffiano leather is great, but I realized after taking that bag with me on a weekend trip, it started to hurt the shoulders. There is something about that shoulder strap....either that or I was carrying way too much crap for it. But really, it's a bag. The point of a bag is to put all of life's crap in it. And what's the point paying for that price range when you can only carry a wallet and a phone? Yeah, I should totally add that to my film.

Alright it's pretty much 4am. Time to catch some sleep and dream about Batman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.