Sunday, August 05, 2018

Summer Fendi

GTR and what is that?!

Hello August! Now we are officially halfway into summer. Kind of depressing now that I think about it because I haven't done much this summer except work like a dog. July was madness with work. And now that it's over, it's August. Great.

Last month I was browsing the net on my downtime, and wasn't really looking for anything in particular. I hadn't bought a brand new bag since last summer (the Alma BB was bought some time in November in the used market), so my streak was getting pretty good. A much better improvement than the past 2 years considering my designer handbags have now reached 10.

I was browsing the Chanel collection but didn't find anything appealing. And here's the thing. Chanel has been increasing prices left and right lately, that it's now impossible to find any handbags under 3K. The WOC is now a whopping $2700 and depending on the material or style, can easily reach $3300. The Mini has now hit $3700, which in my opinion you really can't fit much in either bag. Dropping 3K on a wallet seems a bit insane. And I didn't find much appeal in any bags in the latest collection. Considering I have a WOC and 2 classic bags already, I'm not desperate to get another piece.

Same with LV. I didn't find anything too appealing.

Until I landed on Fendi's website.

I'm a sucker for cute things, especially monster eyes. They just look so evil and cute at the same time. I don't really see many monsters being carried around (or maybe I'm just not in the right setting or environment). But this particular bag really caught my attention. The price was reasonable as well (not a huge difference than the other monster By the Way bag that I own). I gave my Fendi SA a quick text and sent her a picture of what I was interested in.

She texted me back quite quick and said that they had 2 in store. One was on display, but there was a brand new one in the back. She would hold it for me, and off I went the next day with my BFF.

We arrived there sometime around noon, and was greeted by the SA right away. She had brought out the display model for me to touch and try on, just to see if it was really my cup of tea. And off she went to get the brand new handbag for me. I tried it on and really liked it. It has a classic twist to it, but yet a fun side to it as well. It was then I realized that I could get a matching WOC and a wallet as well! However, I wasn't really into those at that time, but mainly focused on the handbag itself.

SA brought out the brand new bag and had me check it over, making sure that I was happy with it before I dropped the money down. Fendi continues to offer the option of hot stamping initials or monster eyes on the key tag, but I chose not to at this time. And here I went, paying the handbag. I was ecstatic!

SA had also asked about if my mom and I enjoyed our Fendi bags and of course I said yes! She loves it to bits. She also asked why I didn't bring my mom with me, and I told her 'mom doesn't know I'm here!' :P

We walked around for a bit in the mall before heading back home, where I decided to do a mini unboxing in pictures below.

So here it is....the Fendi Monster Petite 2Jours in black calfskin with gold hardware.

The beautiful bag and box.

Comes with a black dust bag as well.

Voila! Here she is!

Another front end shot. 

The rear shot. It is pretty plain with just the calfskin leather.

The inside consists of 2 large compartments and a middle zipped compartment. The entire bag has one button snap closure on top.

A bit up close with the monster eye.

A shot with the GTR. This was her first outing (and her only outing so far).

The bag is made of 100% calfskin leather all around, including the interior. Previously on 2Jours bags, the front and back are usually saffiano leather, with the sides being calfskin leather, and the interior being a fabric type material. In this particular model, everything is calfskin leather. The good thing about it is that it's easier to clean, both inside and out. The bad thing about it is I feel it will be more prone to scratches and blemishes.

I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the key tag because it was so nicely wrapped up that I was too lazy to open it and take a picture of it. It does come with its own dust bag (really cute!). 

The hardware comes only in gold, for this particular bag. It also comes with shoulder straps that seem difficult to attach/detach. It doesn't have a clasp like the BTW bag but it's similar to a pop belt, which I feel can loosen up over time if it's being taken on and off over time. I have seen and read that if you don't want the shoulder strap, then it's easier to just hide it in the bag and then you can use it if you need it, without having to detach it. The bag itself is roomy already, so hiding the strap is no problem.

It's a beautiful bag all around, and I have a feeling it will age gracefully over the years. Based on what I've read so far on those who've had it long term, the bag's sides will tend to sag over time, unless you really stuff the bag well to keep the structure. I've noticed that with the bag, the store did give tougher tissue paper to be sure the structure of this bag doesn't sag as it sits on shelves. Overall, I am happy with this purchase (although when I checked the website now...1 month after I purchased it, the price HAS GONE DOWN WHAT??!), and I hope to get many years of wear on this handbag. Go monster!

Let's go to the nitty gritty details:
Brand: Fendi
Name: Petite 2Jours (Monster)
Product Code8BH253SQPF0KUR
Dimensions: L (10.23 inches), W (4.7 inches), H (8.3 inches)
Material: Calfskin, aluminum, brass
Interior: 2 large compartments, 1 middle zipped compartment, snap closure top
Comes with: key tag, black shoulder strap that can be detached
Where to buy: Fendi boutiques

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.