Saturday, May 20, 2017

Fendi Surprise!

Wow, it's almost end of May and I completely forgot to blog.

First off, happy belated mother's day to all the moms out there, moms to be, and moms who continue to live in our hearts for the rest of our lives. Giving thanks to mom should be a daily routine, not just one day. But it is on that day that we do our best to pamper our moms, the moms who have raised us right from birth to where we are now.

This year, it has been a crazy roller coaster, from mom celebrating a milestone birthday, to having cataract surgery and being told her eyesight may not be 100% back to normal after complications. To me, it's been a tremendous amount of stress for her. Yet I am so thankful for her, that she continued to keep fighting through.

I don't know about you, but seeing someone get poked by a needle in the eye (and I mean it was like the length of a flu shot needle, very similar to IM) before that drainage procedure freaked the hell out of me. I don't know anyone braver than my mom who went through that as though it was nothing. She was pretty terrified though, but after the local anesthesia started working, it wasn't so bad. However, I can just imagine the fear of seeing this longass needle entering my eye, whether I could feel it or not. I would run far away. Props to mom for going through that.

Which brings me to this year's Mother's Day. The family went out for a dinner celebration and some great food, although the weather was not really the best (rain rain and more rain). Having everyone together is definitely one of life's best gifts.

As for Mother's Day gift? I had decided to get her her first luxury designer handbag. Which one? It was hard to find a style that she likes because she absolutely hates totes with no zippers. She does not like Chanel's classic flap bags, nor their bags in general. She does not like Louis Vuitton. Or Gucci. Or Prada, Miu Miu, Versace..you name it. It left me in a huge dilemma when I had to search high and low for this bag for her.

Eventually I found it.

It's kind of funny because when this bag came out in 2014, I had really wanted one but kept holding off. I'm not sure why. But then it came back into my head again. Like wait a minute! This bag is perfect for her!

I kept in touch with one of the SAs at Fendi about this product. She has been so patient and so kind to getting the exact colour and style. Truth be told, mom's a classic type of person. So it didn't make sense to get her something too funky otherwise she might not even wear it.

Lo and behold, I brought the gift home just in time for Mother's Day. To add a bit of extra special touch to it, I had her initials engraved into the tag (and no, her name isn't Michael Kors). However this meant that I could no longer return or exchange the bag anymore. Which means I really hoped she loved this bag otherwise I'm dead. (Fendi's policy is that if you decide to engrave on the spot, the purchase automatically becomes final sale. Refund and exchange policy is 14 days. If you decide to do it later on, you can bring it back anytime to engrave without charge).

She was doing her usual routine at home when I gave her the bag. She saw the name, and almost killed me. Once she unwrapped it and took out the bag, the first words she said to me were: I'm going to kill you, you crazy girl (in Mandarin of course. Because it sounds more gentler than English).

I reminded her that it's not everyday that I get to do something like this for her. Especially after this year, when we all got a pretty good scare, life is precious. If you don't spend the moments now, there may not be that opportunity in the future. She agreed and was very thankful that I got her this gift. I reminded her why I worked so hard ;)

A few days later, I saw the same bag, except in special edition form. So what did I do? I ordered one and picked it up. Below is a quick reveal and photoshoot. Like mother, like daughter. Except one's a classic, and one's a monster. Guess who is who ;)

A different kind of yellow?

Lots of yellow...

The dustbag.

Fendi small Boston By The Way (BTW) bag in beige leather. For mommy. This is the classic style as well as the classic colour.

Fendi small Boston monster By The Way bag. For me ;)

The classic versus the monster.

Hope you enjoyed this quick reveal! I'll be sure to do a review of both bags (although they're pretty much the same bag, just different styles) and include all the dimensions and what fits in it. Stay blessed all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.