Monday, May 22, 2017

Fendi Monster BTW Bag

Greetings again!

This will be the overall review of the latest handbag to my collection: the Fendi Boston Monster By The Way (or known as the BTW) bag.

In 2014, Fendi released a new bag called the By The Way as a very versatile handbag. They are known for their 2 Jours and Peekaboo tote handbags; the BTW became their next IT bag. BTW became popular among the consumers. The BTW remains part of their classic collection and there are so many variations of this bag. It comes in various colour combinations, as well as different finishes and some even have croc tails at the end of the zipper part.

The bag can be worn as a clutch, by the handles, cross body or off the shoulder.

I fell in love with the bag in 2014 because of its versatility. It also has a wide bottom and maintains its shape, which is what I love. I'm not sure what took me so long to finally get one, but it was always at the back of my mind that someday, I would own a Fendi.

Fast forward to May 2017. Shortly after I got mom her BTW bag, I was browsing on Sak's website when I landed on a seasonal BTW bag. I'm not sure why it took me so long to love the monster theme but this one took my breath away.

I quickly messaged my SA to ask about this bag and sent her a screenshot of it. She said it is part of their upcoming summer collection and hadn't been in stores yet but it was coming. I said I was very interested. She would keep in touch with me about the status of this bag.

About 2 weeks later, I got in touch with her again (and it's funny because she also contacted me around the same time). I asked if the bag had arrived in stores yet because I was told it would arrive by then. However, SA said that there were only 4 (4?!?!) of these bags in Canada, and all 4 of them went to Vancouver's Fendi store. I asked how that was possible?! Apparently they have a bigger market there so I guess it had gone there, and none to Toronto.

It was baffling because Toronto has two Fendi stores, one on Bloor St, and one at Yorkdale. Yet all the supplies had gone to that one Vancouver store.

The only way that I could get my hands on one is if I put a deposit down on it. Unfortunately it's not a 20% or 50% deposit that is required. Fendi requires 100% deposit to secure this bag. I had to really think about it. But a short time later, I bit the bullet and did it. SA contacted Vancouver and within hours, this bag was flying here to Toronto!

The service was pretty fast. The day after I put down the deposit, the bag had arrived into store. Now if I didn't like it or changed my mind, I could get a refund. However, it was too cute to say no to it.

The last time I checked tonight, there is only one available in Canada, and that's in Vancouver. Which brings me to Saks selling this bag. I'm not sure how their availability is like since I've never bought from them. But the price that Saks is selling at is about $400 more than what is being sold at the Fendi boutique. Just a FYI.

I arrived at the boutique here in Toronto and it was true. Every other new arrival was on the shelves, on display. Everything EXCEPT this Monster BTW. It blew my mind. When the SA went over the receipt that was printed, it was from the Vancouver store. Before I had doubts like, maybe Toronto had it all this time and was trying to get me to make a deposit! But now that I've seen the actual receipt, I can accept that yes, they're all in Vancouver and it was shipped to me as an express.

Anyways that's my story on this BTW bag. Time for some pictures and details below:

The front of the Monster BTW bag. Isn't he so evil?

The back.

Side shot.

Let's try to get up close and personal. The tag, which I still have the wrapper on.

The studs. Sort of reminds me of dino spikes.

Hard to see interior. But there are 2 main compartments with 1 zipper compartment and 2 side pockets.

Interior shot.

These are the care cards that came with the bag. It came with 3 care cards: 1 for the care of the leather, 1 for the studs and 1 for colour transfer/humid weather wear.

The bag comes with a shoulder strap that can be adjusted by snap buttons. I find that when I wear the bag cross body, it sits just above my waist - a bit too high for me and I am about 5'6-5'7 tall. It's perfect over the shoulder.

The tag can be removed, leaving a much more clear, evil look.

One more shot with the handles sticking up.


Details:
Name: Fendi Boston Monster By The Way bag
Size: Small (although the website says medium, but it only comes in small with this design)
Colour: Gray & White leather
Product Code8BL1249HEF064Y
Dimensions: 27cm (length) x 15cm (height) x 13cm (depth)
Composition: 100% calfskin leather, 61% cotton, 32% polyester, 7% polyurethane, 100% abs
Interior: 2 main compartments, 1 zipper divider compartment, 2 side pockets
Versatility: clutch, carried by the handle, over the shoulder, cross-body
Warranty: 2 years manufacturer warranty

Hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful week ahead of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.