Sunday, March 15, 2020

Petro Canada

This is a review on Petro Canada. Specifically the car wash (wash and go) cards.

On the website, there are options of buying or reloading your wash cards. There is one link that gives you the option of 5, 10, or 15 washes plus a bonus wash. Then there are ones on another link which says you can buy the same one and you can preload them in after a certain wash.

Now, this is where this gets a bit confusing. No where on the site does it say to purchase the first option FIRST before purchasing the preload option. They only said it would preload after the last wash. Ok. Confusing. You should've hired someone better to write your website. Or tell them to go back to school and learn proper English.

I paid for 10 washes (preload), which my card had 0 washes. This is the point that it should've prompted me an error to say OK NO WOMAN YOU CANNOT BUY BECAUSE YOU HAVE 0 WASHES LEFT SO YOU NEED TO BUY 5 WASHES FIRST, THEN YOU CAN PURCHASE ME, THE PRELOAD OPTION.

Well guess what. It still went through my card because they charged me. I got the email confirmation that it was bought and it would start after this date.

Fast forward to today. I went in for the car wash. And I mean this is the first car wash since last year. So I'm desperate for a car wash. The last time I went to check it out, the wash was closed. Honestly, it ALWAYS happens to me. I have terrible luck with cars and now car washes.

Those who have been using Petro know that their lines are always long (longer than anyone's dong in this world). It would be about a 45 minute wait. So here I am, waiting in line. Now it's finally my turn and I'm so relieved I can finally get a wash. I scan the card and, NOTHING. IT SAYS I HAVE 0 WASHES LEFT. What the bloody period clot is this??

I press for support. The man had a thick accent, so I told him the situation that I paid for 10 washes already. And he said "well just park your car where it is now, tell the guy behind you, and walk over to the station so you can pay for the car wash." I said...EXCUSE ME? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard. I'm not going to let 10 people wait behind me while I walk/run to your dumb ass and pay for a wash when I've already paid for it.

I ended up buzzing again and he said the same thing. This time, I was already fuming. I told him to open the door and just let me through because I was in no mood for a wash anymore and just wanted to leave. So he let me through. I drove to the station, and told him the situation. He scanned my card and told me, 0 washes. I said this is ridiculous. He responded that if there was an issue, call customer support.

Wasted 45 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. I went home and called customer support, got someone again with a thick accent and basically yelled at them.

The answer that I got from them was that there were a few days that the site had glitches, so perhaps the wash never went through. But I mentioned the email confirmation. And this is where I checked my banking statement. Petro charged me TWICE! Bull$hit! $278 for 20 car washes that I will never see. I demanded a full refund, and said I would never go to their company for service ever again. Now I felt sorry for the person I was talking to because she was getting the brunt of a company she's working for, and compensated by giving me 2 free washes.

I mean great, that's great but problem is they never keep their car washes open all the time. And the times that I go, they're closed.

I never purchase gas from Petro (aside from the GTR guys because they love it), but if they choose Petro stops for their next rally, I'm Googling the next Esso or Shell stations because Petro will not get a cent from me from this point on. And if I have to drive a while to get there, then I will. I will not pay for a company that has treated me as such. I rather give my money elsewhere and if I have to pay more for a car wash somewhere else, then I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.