Thursday, March 24, 2016

Louis Vuitton Reveal

Hello fellow readers. Guess what?

I bought another item. Except this time I went the "used" route. Usually I buy my items through the retail stores, but this item is no longer sold in stores. It was a limited edition run from a few years ago (exact date I'm not too sure). 

I had seen it online on a consignment shop a few weeks back, but missed out on the opportunity to buy it as it sold very fast (and I mean it sold within 30 minutes of being posted). The colour was in the pomme d'amour, vernis leather (or patent leather). 

I was looking for a small coin purse so that I could fit in the Chanel WOC. The WOC is already limited in space, but putting my keys right into it could potentially ruin or scratch the leather inside. The current key holder I have (from Coach) is a bit bulky so it doesn't fit in the WOC. Plus I have tried fitting coins in the zipped compartment of the WOC, along with my bills, and it's difficult sorting through both bills and coins in a small compartment. I figured maybe it would be best to have a coin purse to go with it and keep the coins separate from the bills.

The debate to myself is whether I should use this as a key holder or as a coin purse. Or both, if that's even physically possible. I'll have to play around and see.

So when I saw it available again on the consignment shop, I knew I had to jump at the chance.

Here it is, a LV reveal:

It came with the original shopping bag. Yes, the top sticker had already been ripped by the original owner.

The dustbag that it came with.

Tada! 

Some up close of the chain endings with the keyring and lock.

The heart shaped coin purse in violette monogram vernis leather.

The interior.

The care booklet it came with.

Another shot.

Last shot, with all the items it came with.

Detailed summary
Brand: Louis Vuitton
Name: Heart Shaped Coin Purse
Hardware: Gold
Colour: Violette
Size: Length 4" x Height 4" x Depth 1"
Material: Vernis Leather (or patent leather)
Style: Monogram
Ways to wear it: On the wrist, in the purse, or even hang it on your purse as a purse charm (although this one is cool, it seems a bit long to wear as a charm)

Shout-out to Jodidays Closet for the item. As I mentioned a few posts before, Jodidays Closet is an online consignment shop based in Toronto. All the items go through an authentication process before it is sold to the public. It is a one woman company (!) and she is very efficient with replies and communication. She is also on Instagram under the same name.

There are a couple of ways to order the items if you are located around the GTA. You can do a local pick up, but you would have to email her first to say you want to do a local pick up. A 40% deposit is required to do the local pick up. The other option is to buy the item directly via PayPal, and then have the item shipped to your place. However, there is a shipping fee of $25. Currently, she ships to anywhere in Canada and the USA.

I did the local pick up route, so it was a matter of matching schedules to pick the item up. I would definitely recommend her for purchasing used luxury items. She also does consign items as well, so if you have any luxury items that you don't use anymore, you can email her for quotes. Depending on the item and value, there is a certain percentage of commission based on how much the item is worth, and how popular the item is in the market. 

Thanks for reading! I'll do an update in the future on whether it's a good match for the WOC or not. Otherwise I would probably just use it in a purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.