Sunday, August 09, 2026

Adults not Adulting

What is with adults not acting like adults? I swear, some younger children act more responsible than adults. 

It happens everywhere: car meets, at the mall, at work, at home, at the park, on cruises, you name it. 

You have 2 grown adults, one of which is saying one thing but meanwhile the second adult is annoyed at the first one for whatever reasons and telling the first adult to stop talking or leave them alone. The first adult's response would be to keep egging the second person on, until the second person loses it. Then ya'll start acting like children and throw tantrums at each other. 

I see this all the time at work. If it's not between staff to staff, it's staff to patients. Again same thing. One wants this, the other says no. And argument ensues. 

When they can't resolve it with each other, they come to me and ask for help. Meanwhile I am minding my own business trying to get through my pile of sh!t and I have to deal with your child tantrums? All because someone insisted on coming in at 5pm, but you told them no? And they got angry? I mean...what is happening everywhere? 

They assume I can fix everything because I have the 'authority' or the 'power' to change things. Not really. My only power is listening to people and finding a resolution. It has nothing to do with big boss CEO power. And this is what confuses me.

When did we adults become children that we forgot how to problem solve? Did we forget manners too? Why is everyone suddenly yelling at each other because you both have disagreements on one thing? What happened to mutual respect for one another? Isn't that one of the company's values? I guess all those yearly courses of workplace violence and prevention is all a joke.

Car meets? Oh man those are the best. When you got guys duking it out to see who got the better or faster car. Who got the better mods. Who bought the most cars to finally get a GT car. Great story bro. Meanwhile their cars can't even give them CPR when they stop breathing. Is the car THAT important that you're fighting people for its existence? 

I think as a society we have lost touch on how to de-escalate situations appropriately, and of course respecting others' wishes when they say STOP or NO. Instead, people don't get what they want and then complain to others, hoping THEY would solve the situation for them. No. You're an adult. You solve the problem yourself. You got yourself into it, so solve it yourself. COMMUNICATE and be respectable to one another. CHOOSE your words wisely. And most important, stay calm.

Lastly, put your damn ego away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.